We're Hiring: Videographer and Editor
We’re excited to announce we’re recruiting an additional VIDEOGRAPHER AND EDITOR for a permanent position with us at Faltrego 🎥
Salary: C. £25,500-£28,000 per annum D.O.E negotiable Option for 4 days per week pro-rata moving to full-time, or full-time 5 days per week
Plus: 28 days holiday entitlement on top of bank holidays, pension scheme and sick pay
We are a small team, operating with a hands-on attitude and a start-up mindset. We believe in collaboration and growth. As a flexible company with a person-first approach we are open to shaping the role to fit you as you evolve. This job would entail being a key member in a team which is able to work with incredibly worthwhile charity clients with a real opportunity to make a change in the world and do work you find fulfilling.
🎥 Faltrego is a women-led visuals agency which provides video, animation, graphic design and illustration production services for the third sector (charities) and public sector with the goal of creating positive social change worldwide.
🙎🏾♀️ Lived experience of communities is at the heart of what we do. We tell authentic stories emotively and visually, and the videos we produce have a strong focus on putting the voices of patients, members and beneficiaries at the front and centre.
💪 Our internal culture centres strongly around being a female-first organisation, championing women-led creativity in a traditionally male-dominated industry. At Faltrego we deliberately build a team around those from minority backgrounds with a big focus on intersectionality.
We're a small but growing company, and over the past few years have had the pleasure and privilege of working with clients such as Alzheimer's Society, British Medical Association, RCN Foundation, YoungMinds and Women for Women International to name a few.
#1 - We care about causes We are all activists. Social justice is every team member's raison d'etre. We go the extra mile to meet a client's mission - because it's our mission too.
#2 - We champion gender justice
Our creative solutions are always women-led. We're here to advocate for a fairer and more equitable society for women worldwide.
#3 - We mentor to greatness
We'll show you the ropes. We exist to equip changemakers, empower communities and amplify under-represented voices with authenticity.
#4 - We honour our promises
We believe in mutual respect and reliability. We are friendly, fair and flexible and will never leave you in the lurch.
#5 - We display urgency
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and immediacy in communication. Your deadline is our deadline, and we work to it as an oath.
About the job
We are looking to expand and bring in another Videographer/Editor to our production department to potentially begin working 4-days a week (negotiable: Tuesday-Friday), or full-time, starting around November 2022. If you are a hard worker with enthusiasm to make films for social change, please see the details below and apply.
Role responsibilities will be tailored to the candidate and are flexible
● Ability to collaborate with Producer-Director or other crew on set working as a cinematographer/DOP, as well as work as a solo-videographer when called upon
● Confidently and creatively film interviews, vox pops and b-roll, ensuring everything is captured to a professional standard and technically-sound
● Maintaining highly personable relationships with clients and contributors on-set
● Sometimes liaising directly with clients on pre-production and post-production/amendments
● Working to time and budget pressures set by clients: effectively balancing creativity, and time management
● Full video editing skills, both technically and editorially (narrative story edits)
● Assisting with creative proposals and developing concepts/ creative direction
● Sometimes assisting with pre-production and producing call sheets, drafting interview questions and briefs when appropriate
● Professional video production and post-production experience, ideally in a production company or creative agency
● Outstanding eye for composition and aesthetic sensibilities
● Outstanding technical expertise
● Experience solo filming: monitoring visuals, audio and undertaking the interview
● Story-driven filmmaker with experience editing interviews to create emotive narrative led videos, short films and documentaries
● In-depth working knowledge of Premiere Pro for video editing
● Experienced user of macOS
● London-based: this is a hybrid role, where you will spend around half of your time working from home and around half your time out on shoots. The balance may change at various times based on the shoot calendar.
● Experience operating, at minimum, Sony mirrorless cameras (e.g., A7S2/3) in HD and 4K
● Experience filming in Log and slow-motion
● Experience filming with a gimbal/steadicam
● Experience colour grading Log footage in Premiere Pro with LUTS
● Experience creating story-based edits or short documentaries
● Basic 2D motion graphics and kinetic typography a bonus
● Driving Licence is a bonus, but not a requirement
What are we looking for?
This role would be suitable for someone with agency/production-company experience or alternatively someone transitioning from in-house video/multimedia production, freelance video production or even a rental-house role.
The ideal candidate will be based in London.
● Keen ambition to learn, grow and improve within the company
● Championing female creativity in the film industry - would self-describe as ‘feminist’
● Diligent nature, with an understanding of process, organisation and workflows
● Would self describe as a bit of a 'tech nerd' when it comes to kit or software
● Interest in social justice and positive social change and/or experience with charities
● Customer service: efficient, warm and friendly on emails and phone calls with clients
● Impeccable time-keeping, aims to deliver ahead of deadlines where possible
● Happy to be adaptable and flexible with times when projects call upon you
How to apply
Feel free to send any queries or provisional interest to Mary-Laine Friday at email@example.com who will be happy to answer any questions or have an informal chat.
When applying, please send a CV and Cover Letter (no more than 1 page of A4) explaining why you’re interested in the position to:
Mary-Laine Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Videographer and Editor
Please include a showreel or recent examples of your work.
The deadline is 5 September 2022. Interviews will take place either remotely via Zoom or at an agreed location in London, during September.
The role starts in November, or as soon as convenient for the perfect candidate.